Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRQ problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaosk

Programmer
Apr 11, 2001
CL
i was installing alsa, because my sound doesn't work (i have a comapq presario notebook) and when i was loading the modules i notice that the sound and video share IRQ 5, and alsa dont load the modules.

How i resolve this?

P.S.: Bios Setup don't work (Compaq)

Go into your BIOS and tell it that IRQ 5 is reserved for legacy devices. Your bios may use diffent language; you might find this under "PCI configuration" or "Legacy ISA config" or something similar. The idea is to prevent PCI devices from grabbing an interrupt that some other non-pci device has taken. Tony Lawrence
SCO Unix/Linux Resources tony@pcunix.com

Hi,

Compaqs are a bit non-standard and have things like diagnostic partitions that no-one else has. Anyway, you should be able to hit escape when the compaq boot loader is active and that takes you to a boot menu including BIOS setup options.

Regards

yes i can see the options, but they are very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back