Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iRemote 9150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howi

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2001
GB
I am having a problem with Nortels iRemote 9150 IP telephony system. I have it installed currently on 2 remote sites and have the following symptoms on both sites.

All phones on site are M3902's.

Problem occures when the some of the phones go into a 'Quiet' state. e.g when you lift the handset, dial tone is much quieter than normal, you can dial as normal and connect, but as the conversation goes on the quality of the transmission gets progressively worse (voice breaking up etc). If the user tries to alter the handset volume the bargraph display on the phone changes but the actual volume in the handset doesn't change.
The only way out is to pull the phone plug out of the wall socket for a few seconds.
The fault re-occurs after about 10 calls.
Initially thought it was a QOS problem but have had that checked out on BPS2000 switches and routers at both ends.
I do not know where to turn to next - anyone any ideas???

compression is G729
flash firmware is 1_03_04 on RLC and 9150

He Howi

Try to change the compression on one of the phones that you are using in 711 codec and then try to call whit that phone
maybe is the problem bandwidt or a firewall what makes the troubles in the rob box

Greetz Hans KPN Netherlands

Does this occur during peak traffic or all the time?
Does it happen with calls from a specific zone?
What payload are you set to use?

The iRemotes are at the end of a 2Meg link, current peak traffic is quite low for size of link.
NOT zone specific.
Can use all available bandwidth.
Phones drop into this state after about 10 calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back