Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IRC Trojan Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile11

Vendor
May 25, 2003
CA
helllo all,

Every time I sign onto my PC I get the virus allert message that there is a IRC Trojan on my PC. I am able to remove the virus by doing a scan and then deleting the files from my quaranteened items.
I then run a full system scan and it comes up clean with no viruses or trojans.

Then, the next time I sign on the same thing happens again. This happens every time I sign on??

Any idea what this may be and how to get rid of it once and for all?

Thanks

Howdy:

Disable System Restore.. That will kill the virii located there. Run another scan.. Once that shows clean, re-enable System Restore.

Murray

Hi Murray,

Of course, I forgot all about the system restore! I did this and it seems to be ok now. I'll keep a close eye on it and see if it happens again.

Thanks for the tip. :eek:)

Here's the update:

I disabled system restore and cleared all the history and temperary inernet files.

I then ran a scan and it came out clean. I then restarted the PC and ran it again and it came out clean again. I then re enabled system restore.

Then while I was online I got the folling Virus alert messages:

Trojan Dropper
Bat.Trojan
IRC.Backdoor.Trojan

And the message said that it is unable to repair and access the file is denied.

So, then I run another scan and it comes out clean????

What is going on?? Is there a tool I can download to get rid of these once and for all???

Please help.

Did you also delete the files from back-up? Also, delete all temporary internet files. And check the registry. Just do a search on RUN. Check all RUN and RUNONCE for suspicious entries.

Howdy:

The message simply says you were attacked by the trojan.. Norton found it, stopped it and quarantined it.. You aren't infected.

BTW, stay out of the warez sites and those messages will stop !!

Murray

thanks for the tips. What kind of sites are warez sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back