Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPX Netowrk gaming XP to XP problem :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo77

Technical User
May 17, 2004
GB
Hi There.

I am trying to play an old network game in XP (two XP machines) using IPX. The game is Carmageddon and although IPX is installed on both machines and other games work over IPX, Carmageddon doesn't seem to want to play ball.

I have tried to test the connnection in DirectPlay under dxdiag and the two PC's can't see the host session. How can this be if other IPX games do work ?

As this is an old game that came out when 95 n 98 were about, do you think the lack of DOS drivers might be the cause ?!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob.

Thanks for the link. Still no good though I'm afraid. I had a further thought that it may be due to IPX being bound to other Network cards and these were being used in preference to the one needed, but that had no results either. I think that if I could get the DirectPlay IPX Test Session to work through dxdiag I might be able to connect the game, but no success yet.

Any further suggests appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob.

Doing a google search on this pulled up alot of different threads on the same topic. I am sure if you take some time going through through google you can find the answer you seek. Good luck.

Greg Wilson
RFK Technologies
866 837 1007
"What an Information Technology Business Partner Should Be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back