Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPX - Global restriction of 411 dialing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switchroom

Technical User
Nov 11, 2004
US
I'm comfortable with station programming but get apprehensive when fiddling with system settings on our 2400 IPX R15. We currently have an issue with 9-1-411 calls going out our local OPR and being billed by the LEC, and the powers that be have asked for 411 service to be blocked campus-wide (for now it is only restricted on RSC 3, our courtesy phones, and a vendor did that, not me).

Before I call and pay for help, someone here can make me a hero (and be mine) if they can offer any guidance on what MAT commands to use to block outbound dialing of 9-1-411 system wide. Any takers?

Take a look at the APCR command. There are 50 tables, (0-49) that allow you to specify a specific number and restrict it on one or several RSC's.
Try the list out first, LPCR (list primary call restriction.
This is a global restriction command and you do not need to go into the standard restriction tables.

I owe you a steak dinner!

I did the listup and saw Block 5 with the 91411 and the 0 for RSC 3 in it and 1 for all the other RSCs. Went to APCR and deleted Block 5 and rebuilt it with 0 under all the active RSCs and I now get reorder tone when dialing from those types of stations.

Just took knowing where to look (I've put it in my notes!). Thanks for being there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back