Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPX 2400 help yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoffm

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2010
US
I am trying to forward our reservations department hotline to an outside call service after hours. I know how to forward it in the phone switch but how do I overcome the line's needing an authorization code? The service we forward to is long distance. When the system forwards the line we just get a fast busy waiting for an auth code. There must be a way to do this. I know other companies are doing this. Anyone know how to do this? I even had an experienced tech come in and he couldn't even make it happen. Thanks

The first thing I would do is change the station class of service (ASCL) to one that does not use an auth code. Just to make sure that it can call forward off premis.

Well we are hotel/resort I use AACL. The tech and myself have tried all different combinations of Route Class, Equipment Class, and Service Class. It will work fine if it's a local number but not long distance. The tech told me since posting this that since our software is about 10 years old we will have to upgrade to the latest version. That way we can get support straight from NEC. I can't believe that we are going to have to pay all that money just to forward a line. It seems a little ridiculous.

Seems ridiculous to me too! have you tried including the auth code in the forward number? you may have to add a couple of pauses too!

You do not need to upgrade to do this. There a few things that have to be done or checked. Is route to route for incoming and outgoing route allowed? IS CF outside long distance in ASFC alloued? What system is this IMX, IPX? If so CF No answer and manipulating timer for that ext in ADAI is probably a better way. CF All can be tricky sometimes because of soft hold timer in ASYD and I prefer to not change that for the whole system but can be done as well.

Ok, we have not been able to get this working and not being able to get a toll free number to forward to I think I am giving up. Isn't there a phone forwarding service that we could use? I will Google it. The trouble is I can't get NEC support without paying for an upgrade. No one locally in Southern Utah knows how to make this work out of 3 different techs I spoke with. I don't know how to do it. I can do moves and the general everyday stuff but I can't do this. Unless I can get a step by step I'm screwed.

I can build a line and call out without an auth code. I have built virtuals and dialed out without an auth code. The difficulty is the forwarding. The system sees the dialed in line as whether the call comes from outside or from an inside extension as a route class that requires an auth code. All of the techs said I would either have to upgrade the system or allow all lines to dial without an auth code. Seriously ridiculous in my not so honest opinion.

To answer the above question the system is an IPX 2400. The MAT version is R19 3.0. I am not sure about the switch but it was installed here sometime in mid-2005. They "got a deal" then because it was last years model. The system is now end of life and we can't get support from NEC.

You may consider the long way process.

Could you forward reservations line to an unrestricted extension number and leave that extension number forwarded to your Long distance answering service?

We were never able to get this going. I purchased an 800 toll free line from our LD provider and am going to forward to that which will then be forwarded to the number we need. It was easy and cheap rather than trying to program the PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back