Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPview SoftBoard on Windows7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon1945

Technical User
Feb 18, 2009
GB
Hi

We are trying to get IPview SoftBoard to work on a windows7 machine, it installs ok but when we open the window there is not data.

Searching the internet it seems we may need a more up to date version of "IPview SoftBoard"

Does anyone know where I can download this?

Try Win 7 64 Bit

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

You should be able to browse onto the BCM IP address and download the software. I've seen it working on a Window 7 computer, but the complaint I had was that the screen size couldn't be changed.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

We have done that but the version on the BCM does not work, I think there is a newer version or does the version get updated with the Service Updates. If it does does anyone know where I can get the last release of the service updates.

I dont even see where Windows 7 is supported to begin with....what is it you are reading?

Call your vendor to have the system patched (yes they contain updates as well fixes).

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

What version is your BCM system please?. It might be possible to get hold of a later version from e.g. a BCM 50 / 450 at release 6.0 etc.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

The version is a BCM50 release5.

I was thinking about downloading it from a release 6 but do not have a customer with one. The supplier I used in the UK says they can no longer help with Nortel BCM. Any ideas how I could go about getting this software from the UK, is it downloadable via the internet?

I have R6 (fully patched) and looks compatible even with win8, I couldn't find any info on this via the web so looked at my own system....

IP View Softboard is supported on the following operating systems:

Windows XP Professional SP3
Windows Vista Business, Ultimate, Enterprise SP2 32/64 bit
Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, Enterprise 32/64 bit
Windows 8, Professional, Enterprise 32/64 bit

I uploaded it HERE for you

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks curlycord

I have downloaded it and will try installing next week when on site

Hi Curlycord,

I have an issue with IPview, having replaced an XP machine with one running Win 7 64-bit.
I tried following the link that you kindly gave to simon1945 back in January but it no longer seems to work. Could you let me have the address where I can download R6. Thanks.

Peter

Have you setup the ip of each PC running the softwallboard into the BCM Callpilot management page? You will find it in the wallboard assigment.

regards

Nikos

Hi Nikos

For my IPview softboard, I just add the IP address for each machine in the 'Echo' tab on the 'Console' machine. This works on additional Server 2003 and XP machines. I added a Server 2003 machine at the same time as the Win 7 64-bit using this method. The Server 2003 is fine.

I have never been involved with the actual BCM software. My role in connection with the company having this issue is 'If the people responsible for the software are unresponsive or have gone bust, get hold of Peter and see if he can bodge something up'!

Regards

Peter

frenchpeter Please start your own thread and I will post a link.
Thanks

Simon did it ever work out?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Yes worked perfectly thanks curlycord

Just needed the latest release of IPview SoftBoard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back