Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPT Call Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBob

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
AU
Hi there,

We are looking to integrate our existing Nice Mirra Recording system to our new Avaya S8300/G700 but have discovered that we can't double jumper the IPT handsets as before. Does anyone have any solutions from their experience of Call Recording with IPT handset systems?

Thanks

Jon

Just re-read my question original and its not very clear so to clarify:

We are looking to move our Nice Mirra call recorder from our current switch (an Avaya Definity with Digital handsets) to our new switch (an Avaya S8300/G700). At the moment we record line side (by double jumpering onto the appropriate digital phone cabling). I believe that we will no longer be able to do this with the IP handsets.

One solution that has been suggested is that we start to record trunk side or use service obverve/conferencing but for various reasons these are not ideal solutions. Does anyone have any information on whether its still possible to record line side even if its an IPT hardphone.

Your mirra uses a digital extension card and is not compatible with IPT. The hardphone is ethernet whereas the 6408D+ (for example) is 2wire.

The two basic principles of Windows system administration:
For minor problems, reboot
For major problems, reinstall

Hi Biglebowski

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I don't have a solutions diagram. I wondered though if you (or anyone else) can clarify for me - as it appears that IPT handset side recording isn't going to be possible with the Mira do you know if it would be possible to do trunk side recording (30 x ISDN) with the Mira without changing our Miras digital card?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back