Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPSI in Avaya CM 5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tciotti2003

Technical User
Jan 3, 2012
US
So we have an IPSI in a PN that continues to go down hard when doing a status. We've changed out the IPSI board twice, changed the adapter, the patch cable and the port on the data switch. We even changed out the G650 cabinet thinking it may be the backplane or bus. It will be active and last for a day. Come in the next morning and the other IPSI will be active but the IPSI with issues will be down (not in standby but down and out). Busy, reset and release will bring it back to a standby state. It's fine in the standby state until we make it the active IPSI and then it will go down again after 1 day it seems. I checked and unplugged the patch cable and it will go from active to standby, so working as designed. I'm thinking iof what is happening at night in regards to maybe backup or some other pre set proce4dure that may cause this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I had that same issue, my resolution was that I had the port range 2048-65535. Found out at night the switches (cisco) does maintenance in a trusted port range. Bottom line I had to set a range of ports with the network team so it would not be port conflict at night. set mines to 2048 -3027 trusted ports and problem went away.

Today Makes Tomorrow

compare the firmware versions maybe the flaky one just needs a firmware update.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Thanks gentlemen> I'll check these out and will post back the root cause if/when I find it!

you might also want to check on the port speed/duplex, and the IPSI autonegotiation settings, make sure they match your LAN switch.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Thanks again for the responses. We haven't figured this out yet. We've changed out IPSI's, this is a 2 cabinet port network, changed out maintenance board, patch cables, adapters, checked settings all without resolution. We've had a major issue so we haven't had a window to change the bus cable and terminator, which Avaya suggested. I'll update when appropriate.

We had this issue for about a week once, it ended up that a statically assigned IP phone was plugged into the network which was the same IP as one of the IPSI's (duplicate IP). The IPSI would stay up for 15 minutes and then crash, failover to redundant IPSI....Then come back and 15 minutes later crash, failover to redundant IPSI. I went through the whole swap out process also, new card, new adaptor, new cable, new port on switch, change speed settings, also did ping to verify not a duplicate IP....but it ended up it was. Phone was most likely rebooting every so often when the IPSI was up. Data team found it using wire shark.
Hudson22

Thanks Hudson22...We'll definitely look into that. We have now engaged Avaya!

To Hudson22....Was wondering if you had done a list registered to be able to view all registered phones and their respective IP addresses and if that would have shown the confliceted IP address? Thanks agin for all postings here and, again, will post the root cause when found

I would think so....but since I uplugged the IPSI and pinged the IP and got no response we dismissed the duplicate IP issue.
Hudson22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back