Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPSEC Replay Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkcsadmin

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2006
US
I have a SonicWall 2040 with Enhanced OS. We have about 5 Global VPN Client Users. One user is generating a LOT of IPSEC Replay Detected warnings. I've re-installed his client and verified that I am running the latest version of the firmware. There must be something wrong -- or someone is trying to attack this tunnel. What's strange is that the tunnel is not active 24/7 -- these errors begin as soon as this machine connects to the VPN and cease as soon as the tunnel is closed. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Can you copy and the paste the error in a message for us. What protocols are you using for encryption?

Here is the full text of the warning:

05/26/2006 08:38:21.144 - Alert - VPN IPSec - IPSEC Replay Detected - 66.117.163.199 - 64.4.200.50 - Inbound: SeqNum=15878, SPI=0xEEE76DB6, Our:SeqNum =15878

This email was generated by: SonicOS Enhanced 3.1.0.14-49e (0006-B111-7F94)

I would first check just make sure what his IP is.

Run a full virus scan / spyware scan and install the latest windwos updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back