Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPSEC Passthru

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdave

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2003
US
Anyone know how to enable ipsec passthru on a cisco 1721?

Thank you

jdave, can you explain a little more on what you are trying to do? What the topology looks like, where the ipsec tunnel terminates...I would like to understand what you mean when you say vpn passthru.

later...

pmays
ccie#8498

Thanks for the response.

A T1 is connected to the 1721 WAN interface and there is a soho 6 appliance that is a firewall and vpn device connected to the inside (LAN interface) of that router. The client I am working with wants to use the soho vpn device as their vpn connect using safenet client (which they have already purchsed licenses for). This device was really meant for a dsl type of connection where the WAN interface is public. They have it setup as the WAN interface as non-public. I was told by the soho people that it can work in this way if ipsec passthru is enabled on the cisco router.

Thanks,
Dave

jdave,

If you are blocking traffic on the 1721 then allow UDP 500 (ISAKMP) and TCP 50 (ESP) or TCP 51 (AH). This will allow you to create your IPSec tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back