Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPS2000 forward all calls "Restricted" for some phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsols

Technical User
Jul 29, 2005
US
Howdy all, hopefully have a simple issue. I have several Dterms in a department with about a dozen users/phones. Recently one of these users attempted to forward all calls (user hadn't attempted this operation in about 6 months) and the phone screen stated Restricted - it had aparently never done this before. After testing, about half of the dterms come back with restricted, while the other half are able to forward all calls. They all appear to be within the same restriction class, and otherwise the phones are working fine. I tested with both extensions and external numbers (local and long distance) and none work. I didn't program the system, instead I've been learning it a piece at a time as issues crop up, and I am able to get around in MOC without too much difficulty. Looking for a direction to dig in. I've been through the system-wide settings for call forwarding, but where it's a station issue, I didn't think I'd find anything missing/broken, and I didn't.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

The forward all or busy or no answer may be already set,you need to cancel them and start over.We use *5 for call forward all , *6 for busy and *7 for no answer , #5,6,and 7 cancels.
In MOC check E600,E601 and E602,this will if any let you know where they are pointed.

Clear all callbacks on the affected extensions as a callback precludes a call forward!

search for the callback cancel code in CMD 200>xx>A005. Dial it several times at each extension to cancel as many as 5 call backs per station. Call back will restrict call forward until they are cleared.

Thanks gentlemen! checked E600-E602 and they aren't pointing anywhere beyond the phone for any of the extensions - Just to clarify, I got back AB1 for A005 - according to my notes that's *#1 to clear, corect?

Just a note, call forwards are not exclusive. you can have a call forward busy and a call forward no answer set (commonly people set and forget these two when they have voicemail) you can then set a call forward all if you are going to be out of the office. When you get back, if you cancel the call forward all the busy and no answer forwards will still be there and active till you cancel them.

I failed to follow-up. I wanted to let you all know that *#1 a few times did the trick in every case where we had this issue. Thank you all for your responses & Happy Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back