Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iPro Headset Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoneMn

Vendor
Apr 11, 2005
US
New install of IPO 3.1 using iPro. Customer purchased Blue Tooth USB headsets for the iPro clients and they are not working.

Is anyone successfully using a wireless USB headset for iPro? If so, what are the headset types you are using?

I've tried it with Plantronics USB Bluetooth headset with sucess. In most cases when it doesn't work it's because the sound device isn't set up correctly in Windows.

Start by going to Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Voice

Set the default devices to you USB unit and run the Test Hardware Wizard, that usually solves most of the problems.

I am using a Plantronics CS50-USB Wireless VoIP Headset, I went through all of the PC settings with a Tier III tech at Avaya.
Did your Plantronics headset work %100 of the time? Could you answer calls with the button on the earpiece?

I just tried it with a CS60, and got it working after plugging it in and installing PerSonoCall from Plantronics Website.

What I did was I made the CS60 default audio adapter and ran the Test Hardware wizard to make sure the microphone and speaker worked.

Had to restart the PC after plugging in the headset.

Started Avaya Softphone and got audio both way, got some background noise problem when I speak but didn't have time to try to clear it at the moment.

Don't know if your supposed to be able to answer a call with the button on the headset on IPO softphone. I think they have some functionality with the Softphone to Communication Manager.

I have tried the Plantronics CS 50 and didn't get good results.
What was the model of the Blue tooth headset you used?

Has the customer purchased the IP audio enable license?

PhoneLady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back