Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOSS onboarding file fail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPGuru

Vendor
Jun 24, 2003
GB
We have had a number of incedents where the onboarding file provided by avaya fails to uplad to the IPO

After a lile ivstigation I have found this is because the XLM file is being truncated partway through the Certificates section.

A prolonged chat session with Avaya struggeld to make them understand there was a problem (I was repeatedly asked to wait 24hrs) & the chat agent is incapable of raising an issue withthe IPOSS service.

I have since found the file can be repaire if you replace the broken section of the file with the oresponding tail of a working one (starting from <Certificates>)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Avaya support is even worse than a ten year old without any knowledge of the product.
They are arrogant and totally not listening or reading what you tell them.
I am really disappointment in the quality of the software and personal of the company called Avaya.
I wonder how long this company will survive in the telecoms world.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I am REALY looking forard to recieving the quality servey email for this support call >:)

I didn't even get one the last ticket.
I guess they are scared of the feedback they expect.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

IPGuru

We have been fight with this issue for months.. Found same fix as you are using.. but, Avaya has done nothing to resolve issue.. So Frustrating

Oh an not sure if it is related yet it seems that the unit we used the repaired file to now have TLS certificate alarms

Why do you folks even sell IPOSS ?
We sell our own in house maintenance policies, afterall we are a service company.
It's simply a matter of keeping an inventory of hardware in the event of system failures.
Are we missing something ?
What's the upside of paying for IPOSS, registering my customer and their system with Avaya - so Avaya can contact and sell them any future maintenance, and then getting wrong answers from IPOSS Tier IV anyway?

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

We don't sell/promote it, I know people that do and they're hardly any better off when bugs arise, but they do get the run around :)

I third this motion. I put the kybosh on IPOSS. I'd rather back myself going in to the pack.
IPOSS is still available if absolutely required, but if it gets to that stage there's something really wrong.
You should be able to cultivate a network of contacts within Avaya, at your distributor and within your industry that you can bounce ideas off, if required.

Having said that, the IP Office onboarding is one of the most convoluted processes I have ever come across...and I'm married.

It should be:
1: Chassis has a serial number+MAC Address.
2: You input this serial number and IPOSS serial number into support.avaya.com (installer or not) with your company name and listed directory number
3: You press a red button on support.avaya.com which gives you the ability to enter either your: serial number, company name, IPOSS serial number or listed directory number.
4: You are given a number in your locale to call. A trained monkey logs the ticket over the phone (Just like a top level service provider who you pay money to).
5: Fault investigated and resolved/ software upgrade license issued.

Because I tell you what, my customers get a lot more for $1000 a year.

There's no point going anywhere. You'll always be here. Try it and see.

[iwe sell IPOSS becuae if without it we are stuffed if we experience an issue cause by an Avaya bug

I too think IPOSS is a joke Sick Joke

I allos belive that it is ILEGAL (Certainly under UK & EU law) as if I by equipment & it does not perform ass advertised then itin not fit for purpose & the manufacture have a duty to ix it, at least for a reasonable period after instalation.

I would accept that Avaya need systems regestering on instaltion but they should be providing a minimu period of support FOC.
Unfortunatly when we have a broken customer we do not have the time to take Avaya to corut & set the necessary precedent.

Having said that, the IP Office on-boarding is one of the most convoluted processes I have ever come across...and I'm married." - Have a damn star for making me spit my coffee on my keyboard.

Agree 100% with all the IPOSS frustration. We do IPOSS on everything, and for the most part, its a total SCAM. The biggest issue, is that the whole registration process and "automated" certificates, and XML files, are all broken at Avaya. Ive spent countless hours on chat with them trying to let them know that it isnt a problem with my procedure, but a problem with their system. Then Avaya IT sends me the correct file, and I let them know my 2 cents. Happens EVERY.DAMN.TIME.

This is fropm GRT support.
Yes Mike , This is known issue in GRT4.

System generating Bad IPO on boarding xml file , So we can’t upload that file in our IPO web Manager.

We are sending IPO on boarding xml files manually to the partners.

Avaya is having the issue and they know it but how long to wait for a fix. I have been having these issues for a few months now.
Mike

Everyone except Avaya will tell you it's terrible, they know it's terrible but as they're charging for it and it the only route available they can't :)

Wow I came across this same onboarding file issue for the last 2 months and recently found the only resolution was emailing the file to someone in Avaya IT Support. Generally takes a day or two to get the repaired file back.

Oh, re: IPOSS, I think for R10 it's going to be mandatory to sell it. Saw it on an R10 thread in this forum. I'm presently reading through the presentations, so we'll see if it's mentioned in there.

Hey just an update.
We were notified by Avaya that this issue has been fixed.. I have not tested it yet but, thought I would pass it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back