Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOffice blast conference 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

auskar85

Technical User
Dec 5, 2012
LT
Does IPOffice support function like Blast conference in Definity?

Did you use Windows or Linux?
The Linux version is way more stable and easier to deploy.
But indeed One-X is a pain in the but sometimes.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

One UCMv2 and one on Windows 2012 and a fat and fast HP Server solely for One-X & VMPro.
I believe it is not the servers to blame, with my laptop it runs smoothly, it is the client PCs which are crap.
One customer with only four clients have Apple MAC PCs, brand new but Safari cannot connect and the Windows 7 pcs they have next to them are slow.
The other client have about twnty PCs, all Win7Pro but they are sooo slow, when I lift the handset the PC responds after ten to fourteen seconds.

The PC's itself should have some memory and power too.
But it is indeed a bad application.

BAZINGA!

Thanks guys for reply.
We want to connect 30 phones (about 10 users are speaking simultaneously). When user pickup hook, he can speak into conference. When the hook is on, users can only hear others speaking on speakerphones. We need digital or IP phones i think, not analog? How about licenses using priority calls to hunt group?

Yes you'll need IP or digital handsets really, no licences required, it's a built in feature :)

So, what about 30 participants? Does it have enough resources, to make such big conference? What about reboot? Does it always happen?

30 should be fine, forget reboots that's old, when it was first introduced. Why not just set it up and test it? :)

Does anyone here have 30 IP Phones at his desk to test the config auskar85 have in mind?

Don't ask us to test something you want to achieve, the rebooting issue was on a early release of R7, nowadays we are on R9.1.4 and the reboots will be fixed I am sure of.

auskar85, if the customer wants something unusual sometimes the customers system is where you do your testing :)

Yes, but if it is not working as it should, there is a problem.

No, sales has a problem in this case.
They sold a system without asking the requirements!
You are lucky you are installing an IPOffice which is flexible.

BAZINGA!

Client wants one more function. Operator presses conference button, all phones ring several times, then phones automatically enter the conference, and they hear operator without lifting hooks (using speakerphones). Hooks are necessary only if users want to talk into conference. I tried combining with group paging function with no success. Do you have any ideas?

What about autoanswer with IP telephones? Is Essential Edition enough?

What about button, indicating IPOffice other user activity. That button should be able to distinguish between off-hook and on-hook (but using speakerphones) activity. Is there a button with mentioned functionality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back