Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ipoffice Basic Mode 11.0.4 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephonelady

Vendor
Feb 27, 2004
US
I have 2 identical systems that I’m trying to set up in Basic mode. Not able to save any changes. Every time I log into the system I’m getting that screen to choose the initial configuration. I select save and get to the System Administration menu. The save config icon is bold and in file my options are to save the config or close it. If I choose save config the Save Config screen comes up and I’m able to put in the admin password and select ok. It looks like it’s started to merge then an error pops up saying
Failed to save the configuration data (Internal Error)
Also if I manually program features on buttons, a power cycle erases them.
I used the help file and it says if you get that error message it may indicate that the system has booted using software other than that in its System SD card’s primary folder.
Same issue with both identical systems.
I’m clueless at this point.
I’ve done so many of these and have never had an issue like this. And yes, I’m not a fan of Basic Mode either 😆
Eileen

What happens if you create an offline config and push it?

ACSS

I think I would format and recreate the SD card.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

What version of manager are you running? I saw someone posted a while back that if you use R11.1 manager you can't save config changes to older releases in basic mode.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Hi All- I ended up reformatting and recreating both SD cards and all is good now, EXCEPT, on 1 system Any changes I make using manager performs a reboot and the other does a merge. I sick of BASIC at this point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back