Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOffice Basic Functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

techma2

Vendor
Mar 2, 2010
US
I have an IP OFFICE IP500 V1. I installed a Feature Key 700417470 thinking that it might help that I have a Phone 1-2 light up an analog set. No sign of life on the card or the phone. Would simply installing the feature key give the system some life or is there some other programming that needs to be done?

Phone 2 card does not give you any led. But if you plug a standard analog phone on ports 1 or 2 should give you dial tone. No programmming needed.

An IP500V1 will not operate without a smart cord/feature key so you need to insert that before you will get anything

once installed the Phone 2 module should just work in a default config

based on the level of this question you need to get some basic training before you think about selling this product
if you don't you will seriously compromise your reputation and that of IP Office.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I do have the IPO 500 Feature Key Mu-Law. I installed it. I do not get dial tone nor does the CPU LED on the back of the unit light up. I am going to say it is toast. Thank you for the confirmation of the Feature Key functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back