Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOffice 400 Digital Station Expansion Cable Pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronei

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
I received a refurb IPO 400 DS Expansion Module but the blue cable was not shipped, I don't have any spares laying around and was curious if anyone has the correct pinout to making their own expansion cable.

Any eithernet patch cord should work...pins straight through...installing in the same rack as the BD, right???

MW2 needs new Maps....ASAP

I know Avaya won't support. This is a bandaid until I can get the actual cable. I'm out of stock of expansion modules and the cable is 2 weeks out. I can't leave my customer hanging that long.

Thanks Ductape, I'll give that a shot.. and yes, same rack. Next U up in the rack, so no real length issues.

Sure, Avaya's patch cord has the "foil" plug on thiers....but any patchcord will work....if you order from Metro, Telpro ect. those guys will all send you your MODULE w/ just a regular patchcord, not the Avaya FOIL patch....I've installed w/ regular patchcords before and NEVER had an issue. We always ground the BD and Mods....I'm not sure what diff. it makes w/ the shielded patch anyway????

.I'm not sure what diff. it makes w/ the shielded patch anyway???? "

dunno.

I had massive issues with it once, 1m unshielded a customer swapped out without me knowing. Daft gits used a blue one too so it took me ages to spot. typical "what have you changed?" "nothing honest" situation.

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

Wow, that sucks, I hate that....and it happens all the time..."nothing honest"....Installed a job for an ecenomic Baptist Church last week...they got all there expansion modules fr. Metro and none of them came w/ shielded patch cable....must be alot out there w/ the wrong cable....what issue should I look for?????

Any 1 mtr cat 5 shielded patch cord will do.
I personally prefer pink cables;)

Thanks Tom, looks like shielded is gonna be the best bet!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back