Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOCC on VMWare

Status
Not open for further replies.

csalt

Technical User
Jul 20, 2008
SG
Hello all,

just wondering anyone deployed IPOCC in VMware environment? Customer is looking at managing the IPOCC with vCenter/vMotion and was told that will need to put in additional NIC for VMware backup etc.
Will the additional NIC causing problem with IPOCC? As the document stated only 1 NIC should be enabled in IPOCC.

thanks

Either you didn't understand the information the customer provided you OR the customer didn't provide you the correct information. I say that because I've run a few installs virtually within vmware with vCenter/vMotion without issue and the second NIC in reference is not visible to the virtual machine. The second NIC is configured within vmware under the Host -> Configuration Tab -> Networking option. It really has nothing to do with the configuration of the virtual machines. If he is using VDP to do backups that also does not require the virtual to have more than one NIC.

You can run this without issue as long as the physical host is properly sized and the virtual host has plenty of resources.

-Denny

Thanks Denny for the input...
Not familiar with VMware setup actually, but still curious of the requirement of "Only Single NIC to be enabled" in IPOCC server. Just wondering any issue if I have 2 or more NIC enabled in the IPOCC Windows Server. Anyone running that setup in production?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back