Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOCC issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNovice

Technical User
Oct 8, 2019
CI
Hi guys,

Im facing an issue with our IPOCC.
In fact the number mapped to the IVR doesnt not work anymore.
When we dial the number for to reach the IVR there is no tone.
However it worked before and it doesnt work anymore for no reason so please kindly help me because its been a couple month that we still have that issue.

Sounds like you need to reach out to a business partner so you can stop bleeding money out of your call center.

Have you tried to restart IPOCC Watchdog/the entire IPOCC Server?

Are there any Event Viewer logs showing application/windows errors in association with your PC?

Start there.

There is an issue the IVR so it might help just killing the process, it will restart in about a minute and see if that solves it.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

1st of all i wanna thank you for your quick reply.

1st iam a novice in the avaya world and our IT manager in charge of the work has left for another opportunity.
Now my knowlegde in avaya IPOCC is not that enough.
i will test out everything u have mentionned.
But there are few things i wanna :
- how to restart the watchdog ?
- and if i restart is there anything to be affraid like impacting the system that may cause a malfunction?

i got a log file from the TTconsole

20190827_170139_atr3fn.jpg

you'll need to reactivate the taskflow if you dont use the default taskflow.
But if I had a CC i would pay someone who is trained to fix it. You've been down for a couple of months! Surely your org makes more than $150.00 a day to pay for a call out. Maintenance on shit that makes money and isn't working is a cost of doing business. Just my 2 cents.
Incidentally, is your boss Scottish by any chance?

remembering Intrigrant 2019

Holdmusic34,

there are no local expert this is why we are trying to fix by ourself.
we dont give remote access. so we cant ask for a remote control to an outside expert to help us out.
its also a new company so we cant afford to recrute an expert for that.

If you don't know how to restart the watchdog for starters it's gonna be very hard to find the issue.

Why wouldn't you give access to an outside consultant?
Most companies rely on external consultants today so they can focus on their core business.

janni78

im still learning so there are some few thing i do not know yet so sorry if i bother u [ponder].
and the company is a bank so they do not give access to external consultant.

I work with banks and that hasn't been an issue.
Your phone system shouldn't be anywhere in contact with your critical applications anyway.

But IPOCC isn't a "simple" application, I suppose you already tried to reboot the server.
There is really no good way to guess what's wrong without looking at the system, unless you can provide an actual error in one of the many log files, assuming you have the correct tracing enabled.

yes exactly i have rebooted many times still the same issue.
i read in avaya doc what tracing to enable so On monday i will try to enable them and share if that can help.
but what i have shared above cant help?

hi guys ,

i restarted the IPOCC watchdog i still have the same issue.
but the customer says the problem occurs after MCaffee update so what can faver this issue ?

If you have MCafee AV running on the IPOCC, you need to either disable it or allow IP Office Contact Center through the AV software.

Even at that, Antivirus and Avaya software generally do not mix. I recommend disabling the software, rebooting the computer, and trying again. If it works, you've got the culprit essentially isolated.

splittingcodec,

As i mentionned above it's a bank and they will not accept to disable their antivirus.
is there any special exclusion in MCafee?

10 print"error"
20 Goto "splittingcodec's post and try that first."
30 print "it's good help being offered here but ya gotta work with us"
40 print "insert results of splittingcodec's tests here."
50 IF 40=inconclusive goto 60
60 Print "Undertake further isolation testing or engage a skilled engineer."
70 goto end
end

Ready__

remembering Intrigrant 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.