Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOCC email config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed47

Technical User
Aug 13, 2018
AU
Hi gents,

we are trying to set up e-mail option for the agents but seems to be having an issue with incoming mail.

Followed the Avaya documentation but not having much luck so was wondering if someone could assist.

We use MS exchange 2010.

When agent logins to email queue they can send out an email but cant receive any.

Is there any changes I need to make to my SMTP server ?

IPOCC uses IMAP or POP3 to recieve messages from the mailbox.

You should check the Console logs for E-mail on why it isn't working.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Mow that you mention it, yes, you could use SMTP for incoming.
I've setup that in lab once, but for all customers I used IMAP since that makes things a lot easier.

Avaya_ati6oc.png

Here is stmp connector settings still can't receive email but can send.

I tried port 25 as well but not luck

Under accepted domain I also added mydomain.com

If you setup SMTP recieving you need your Exchange server to forward incoming e-mail to IPOCC since mails would first arrive there.
You can test the incoming e-mail by connecting to SMTP with telnet.

I still recommend you going with IMAP or POP3 instead since that is a lot easier, also while doing maintenance on IPOCC the e-mails would still be collected by the Exchange server.
It will also be a backup, if you get some issue with IPOCC e-mails are still stored on the Exchange server and can be handled from there.

I had to install hMailServer on the IPOCC server, it worked but there must be a better way.

As I said, use IMAP =)

Hey Janni,

"You can test the incoming e-mail by connecting to SMTP with telnet." I run a test and that works.

Since I'm using exchange 2010 in order to use IMAP do I simply need to start the IMAP service on the exchange server ?

Alan,

How did you configure hMailServer on the IPOCC server ?

Do you mind sharing hMailServer setting and do you have to make any changes on exchange server for this work ?

You seem determined to go down this SMTP route so I wish you the best of luck with that.

Can I use IMAP with exchange 2010?

Yes, haven't seen Exchange 2010 in a long time but it's usually enabled by default or you need to enable it on the user.

Ok great thanks ill give it a go do you mind providing some screen shots for IMAP setting for IPOCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back