Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOCC Backup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy15

Vendor
Apr 23, 2002
US
We have a newish IPOCC install in place (R9.1.0)
In the call flow there is a "wait time exceeded" element that is not working.
I have found another Tek Tips post that had a similar issue and it appeared to be a glitch that was corrected by doing a database restore.

I have found a document that goes step by step through the process of performing a database backup and restore but I am getting an error when I try to perform the backup.

The exact cmd entry that the doc shows is as follows:
Type pgbackup.bat AAAA BBBB c:\backup and then press Enter.
AAAA is the Username for the database for example: Administrator
BBBB is the password for the database for example: IPoffice123

When I use this command substituting the username, password and actual backup folder path I get the following error:
“The PostgreSQL bin folder path Administrator does not exists.”

The document that I am using for reference is
(page 20)

The description for the command shows an additional path is needed.
Usage: pgbackup.bat <path of PostgreSQL bin folder> <PostgreSQL Administrator user> <password> <targetpath>
Eample: pgbackup "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin" Administrator Password "c:\backups"

The reference doc doesn't mention the path of PostgreSQL bin folder at the beginning of the command and I don't know where that might be.

I have tried pointing it to the only folder that I can find that is similar but still get the same error. That folder path is as follows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office Contact Center\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

-Todd

It shouldn't give the same error if you apply the path in the command, the reason it said "The PostgreSQL bin folder path Administrator does not exists." is that you put the username where it expected the path.

Correct command should be

pgbackup.bat "c:\program files (x86)\avaya\ip office contact center\postgresql\9.3\bin" username password c:\backup

It works on my installs.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I suggest you do the following, I would open a ticket with Avaya via the Service Request process. They will likely recommend that you upgrade to 9.1.6, but it is a good place to start and you should have Avaya IPOCC Service Support because it is required with IPOCC.

Janni78,
I could have swore I tried entering the command once before as you stated but obviously didn't.
I went back through and entered it just as you typed and it worked.
Thanks for that!

Sys85,
I will look in to contacting Avaya. My boss has all of the pertinent info for opening a case for them and he is less than helpful, because he's kind of a "Big Deal".

-Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back