Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOCC and IP Office 500 Connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Cheuvront

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2023
US
Hello All,

This may seem simple - but I am at my witts end.

We inherited an Avaya IP Office 500 control unit and a IPOCC system from a local company (we are a small Volunteer Fire Department.)

The control unit is on R9.0. The License Management Server is up - the IPOCC applications all launch and run. But I do not know how to connect the Control Unit with the Server.

Would the Control Unit need to be in Server Expansion mode to the IPOCC? Is there a missing piece in between?

I am thinking maybe we are missing something in the middle like the "Linux Box" IP Office Server edition from what I have read in documentation.

The original programming of the Control unit had not additional licensing to it - was just dedicated to the IPOCC for licensing.

SO to me - I feel that the IPOCC server is handling the "Server Edition" side of the puzzle and the IPO Control unit is there for digital stations and analog phones.

(I am not a telecom professional but have worked with Avaya and in the Tech industry for years. Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.)

Thank You!
Seth

Are you able to log into the IPO500 control unit via IP Office Manager? IPOCC supports using an IPO500 as a master unit, you don't necessarily need the Server Edition box.

If you can get into the IP Office, check System > Contact Center if it exists, if it's set to IP Office Contact Center then it's the master unit and IPOCC should be connecting to it. So long as the passwords etc all line up it should connect.

You will need to have a Contact Center License on the IPO from memory, if it's not there you may need to engage a local Avaya BP to retrieve it.

Good luck! IPOCC is far from simple, especially now that it's totally out of support and you have quite an old version

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back