Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO500V2 Expansion Interconnect Cable 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Hello team.
I need to install an expansion module but i am missing the supplied blue cable.
can i use an standared cat5e earthed cable instead? the module is a MODULE PHONE 30

thanks

Nikos

I wouldn't, order a new one from your business partner.

MUST be 1M screened cable

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

If you want support if you have issues then ensure you use the 1m blue cable. However I have previously used an expansion module on the end of a standard cat5e 30m cable before with no issues.

Worst case a standard shielded 1m patch lead would be fine as well.

| ACSS SME |

I am sure it is just a shielded cat 5e cable but you can get the official one for about USD20 which could save you a lot of grief.

Although this uses RJ45 ports it isn't Ethernet and probably why shielding is needed.

It isn't a "magical" cable =)
Just get a shielded network cable, non-shielded works as well but a bit paranoia doesn't hurt.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

pepp77 said:
If you want support if you have issues then ensure you use the 1m blue cable. However I have previously used an expansion module on the end of a standard cat5e 30m cable before with no issues.
& we had a 412 using 3 M cables that was very flaky until it was corrected YMMV.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back