Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO with Windstream SIP Trunks and SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTTD1870

Technical User
Dec 31, 2008
US
Does anyone have an IPO with Windstream SIP Trunks and also utilizing Portwell SBC?

I've set up a few server editions with Windstream and the Portwell ASBCE

There's a devconnect technote w/ a sample trunk file you can import

The only thing I've had to do that's not on the doc, is set the SBC to send registration every 20 min with the BTN as the username.

Have you ever set it up where the customer routed their SIP Trunks to LAN 1 and did not use LAN 2?

Yeah, I have leveraged LAN1 for the sip trunk before.
I've never come off the A1 interface on the SBC and gone directly into LAN1, usually we have a switch inbetween, but I don't see why it wouldn't be doable

My situation is this:
Windstream trunks coming in from their voice edge/sbc (10.250.0.5). From there they route to their router that is at the customer site (a.b.5.1). From there the traffic goes to our SBC B1 (a.b.5.3). Now the traffic needs to get to the IPO. LAN 1 is on a different subnet though. The A1 interface IP is 1.b.2.3 and the IPO LAN 1 is a.b.2.21.

Having trouble understanding what routing needs to be in place for the SIP traffic to get from Windstream voice edge (10.250.0.5) to IPO (a.b.2.21).

The session flows in the SBC will take care of that, read thru the devconnect article and it will become clearer.

Thanks for your reponses. To clarify, there is a switch between A1 and LAN1. I have followed the document to setup the IPO and SBC however it is still not working. The document refers to a LAN2 setup for the SIP Trunks. Also, you referenced the Session Flows to address my problem traversing the .2 and .5 subnets but I'm not understanding how the session flows will help. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, I am working with VTTD1870. We have configured, and went by all 3 devconnect application notes (that we can find) that deal with Windstream SIP /SBC 6.2 and IPO 9.0. The only application note that uses session flows, is the Broadsoft Platform, and that is using LAN2 for the sip connection, which we can not use. Only the Sonus and the Metaswitch Platform are configured to use LAN1 for the SIP connection, but these notes do not use session flows?
Are their different application notes out there that deal with this set up?

Also if you can explain how the IP flow is supposed to work. My understanding is that the IPO LAN 1 looks to register to the SBC internal IP first, then the SBC talks to the Windstream Router, then out to the SIP IP. Is that right?

When I ping from the IPO system status, the sip trunk pings from the LAN1 to the SBC internal IP, which does work.

We can not ping out to the Windstream SIP IP from the SBC, not really sure if we are supposed to be able to do that??
The way the heartbeat is configured in the SBC is that it tries to ping from external SBC ip to the Windstream SIP IP.

Thanks for your help!

I'm finishing up at a client and i'll be able to remote into one of these I deployed a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the help. This ended up being a Windstream issue ,they had some typo's on their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back