Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ipo with sbc remote workers and certificates

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisag

Programmer
Sep 12, 2012
CY
Hi all

IPO server edition R10.1
Sbc 7.1

I have a request from customer to install mobile application with certificate through sbc.
I have it work without certificate. The certificate for the application and sbc I have done it through the server edition system and install it on sbc and the mobile application but it does not work.
Do the application works with self sign certificates or do I have to go with public certificate?

IIRC you can use a self signed cert but the remote worker would then need the correct certificate chains uploading to be able to accept it.

I am not sure how to do that & it would depend on the remote client in use

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

What type of mobile phone do you use.

Note that on I-Phone after installing the certificate, you also have to enable the certificate.

I'm using android mobiles and I install the der certificate from ipo and on mobile it says successfully installed.
Do I have to name it with a specific name or maybe install a certificate from the sbc? The documents are not clear about this.

As far as I remember you need to install the IPO certificate.

Implementation of certificates in ASBCE isn’t really straight forward... Are you sure the SBC delivers your certificate?

I install the certificate on sbc as per document and program the sbc, how can I check if sbc delivers certificate?
From a trace on sbc I see certificates exchanges between the sbc and the ipo but nothing from outside, it is like the application on android doesn't find the certificate I install on it.
The strange thing is that in local network the certificate on windows is working for communicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back