Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO with Partner phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonedude

Vendor
Aug 20, 2001
US
Is there any issue with using old MLS type Partner phones on the IPO Partner Edition?

Those are unsupported. I don't know if they will work.

The following phones are supported on IP Office Essential Edition - PARTNER® Version systems:

• ACS "Refreshed" Series
ETR6D, ETR18D, ETR34D, 3910 and 3920.

• ACS "Euro" Series
ETR6, ETR18, ETR18D, ETR34D.

• 1400 Series
1403, 1403SW, 1408, 1416.

• Analog Phones

They will work, but there is no template for them in manager so it's trial and error when finding the button number to program.

Chris
ACA- Implement IP Office

The manager will see them as 6 button phones if i remember right.

Chris
ACA- Implement IP Office

Thank you. I looked it up in the IPO Essential Edition Partner Version Quick Installation Guide. Then I had to find out what an ETR phone was. I have been installing them for years and never heard them refered to as that. Who knew???
The salesperson wants to sell IPO with Partner MLS. I dont get it but.....Its an 8 phone job.

The MLS are existing phones?

I would NOT sell a new system with MLS phones.

If he wants to upgrade a couple phones (boss's phones, reception...) to 14xx series phones and keep a couple old MLS it will work. it can be a pain to program and may have some problems. My client has 3 of them running I think. They are better off getting refurbed euro style phones if they are worried about money and don't want to upgrade to the 14xx.

Chris
ACA- Implement IP Office

Your sales guy intends to sell refurbed phones that are not manufactured new and not supported. Good for you.

What I meant to type was:

Your sales guy intends to sell refurbed phones that are NO LONGER manufactured new and not supported. Good for you.

CarGoSki, it sounds like another one who want's to make easy money and run away.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

No, its existing phones. Blah, Blah, protect the investment, blah, blah. typical sales.
Let the tech figure it out.

:)

Tell the sales guy that if there are problems that he is going to solve them.
It is not supported so do not take that bumpy road.

Please stop :)
you made me laugh again, I did not have such a bad day as you had :)
good luck with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back