Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Web Manager - Object couldn't be saved / Object doesn't exist 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TirpR

Technical User
Mar 24, 2014
GB
Hi all,

Having a strange occurrence on a 11.0 Web Manager. A handful of users can not have their config changed. Any changes of any description are resulting in:

The object couldn't be saved to "<IPO>": User "Agent 29xx (29xx)". Object doesn't exist.

Both user accounts and Administrator account are getting the same issue on a consistent subset of users with no obvious pattern to them on the system. Changes can be made without an issue using Manager.

Has anyone encountered this and more importantly any ideas?

Thanks
web_manager_issue1_rqyhc5.png

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c301ed2c-a78d-4d74-b995-85628cc131d7&file=web_manager_issue1.png
Did you get this resolved?
I just ran into this problem. After upgrading from 10.1 to 11.0.SP4 a SE with a Primary, Secondary and 2 expansion units.

Only 1 expansion unit is affected and it isn't all users on that unit. But when trying to using Web Manager to make changes we get "The object couldn't be saved. "Object does not exist error". But we can use manager to make changes no problem. has anyone else ran into this and is there a fix/

any help is appreciated.

I am having this issue as well. We just recently installed to different IPOs for a couple of schools and both are on 11.0.4.4. One of the IPOs has not had this error happen at all. On the other it is occurring on all the IP phone users. It does not seem to be doing this with analog users.

Just a follow up. It happens across all systems. Main server and expansion modules. I have opened a ticket with Avaya,.

Just a follow up. Avaya said it is a bug and they provided me a patch for it, I tested it and it seems to be working.

Is there anything you can provide (ticket number, KB article etc.) that I can reference when I open a ticket with Avaya so they know what to check?

Same error here.
@NYSTECH, could you provide link ?

I am still currently working with AVAYA on this. The patch they had was only for server edition and I am running on an IP500. Not sure when they will have this fixed.
Also from what I got from some of the notes they sent me is this issue only applies to users that are part of a user group. I have not had a chance to check this but if you are in a pinch and need to make a change you can try removing the user from the user group, make your setting change then put them back in the user group.

Don't you received these instructions ?

Please rewrite SD Card of IP500v2 with WebManager client files provided in .zip (WebClient.zip)(if applicable)
1. unarchive the WebClient.zip
2. go to SD Card: /System/Primary/WebMgmtEE/ and paste here the content of .zip archive (overwrite old files)

A similar issue also happens after upgrade from 11.0.4.4(RHEL6) to 11.1 SP1(RHEL7)

But only regarding Users created from templates in Web Manager. Users created from scratch is no problem to edit afterwards.

Also, Web Manager User templates will be lost in the upgrade proces. See

May the case be that those Users were created from templates?
I've tested and can see that the pre-set fields for numbers, ie. the SIP page, mobile numer, can not contain some guiding texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back