Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

TELECOSYSTEMS

Vendor
Dec 27, 2006
US
I have a UCM 8.1 lite/Pro and I can't leave a message in any subscribers MB. Response states users MB is full. I've cleared old, saved, and new messages and nothing has changed. Cleared a couple of MB's thru VM pro and when trying to rerecord users name response is voice file system is out of space. Is there a patch for this for this problem? Thanks

How to clear this:

You need to be in as root on the UC module, putty in – get to admin menu and then “root” command.

Once you’re at the Linux command prompt:
[root@uc-module /]# cd /
[root@uc-module /]# find -name nohup.out

You’ll get something like this:

./nohup.out
./opt/Avaya/oneXportal/backup/openfire/bin/nohup.out
./opt/Avaya/oneXportal/openfire/bin/nohup.out
./opt/vmpro/nohup.out

Do this to delete all the nohup.out files - rm means “remove”

[root@uc-module /]# rm ./nohup.out
rm: remove regular file `nohup.out'? y

Do this for all the nohup.out files listed. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE RM COMMAND. You can do serious damage as the root user.

[root@uc-module /]# rm ./opt/Avaya/oneXportal/backup/openfire/bin/nohup.out
rm: remove regular empty file `./opt/Avaya/oneXportal/backup/openfire/bin/nohup.out'? y

reboot the UC module. (just type in “reboot” as the root user)

The command “df –h” will show you how much drive space is free, down to 44 percent now.

[root@uc-module /]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2 22G 9.0G 12G 44% /
tmpfs 1007M 0 1007M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 512M 33M 454M 7% /boot

ACSS-SME,ACSS Avaya Aura Session Manager and System Manager,ACSS Avaya Scopia Solution,ACSS Avaya one-X UC Soft Clients,ACSS Avaya Session Border Controller, ACSS Avaya Aura Messaging,
ACSS Avaya Aura Call Center Elite, ACSS Avaya Aura CM and CM Messaging,ACIS Avaya Aura CM and CM Messaging, ACIS SME, ACIS Avaya CM 5.2.1

This is a common problem with the older UC Modules. Its a result of a few files constantly building until the memory is full. Note that there is a critical patch that must be applied after deleting these files or the issue will happen again. Here's a guide to clearing it(guide copied from smokinjoe2938).

How to clear this:

You need to be in as root on the UC module, putty in – get to admin menu and then “root” command.

Once you’re at the Linux command prompt:
[root@uc-module /]# cd /
[root@uc-module /]# find -name nohup.out

You’ll get something like this:

./nohup.out
./opt/Avaya/oneXportal/backup/openfire/bin/nohup.out
./opt/Avaya/oneXportal/openfire/bin/nohup.out
./opt/vmpro/nohup.out

Do this to delete all the nohup.out files - rm means “remove”

[root@uc-module /]# rm ./nohup.out
rm: remove regular file `nohup.out'? y

Do this for all the nohup.out files listed. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE RM COMMAND. You can do serious damage as the root user.

[root@uc-module /]# rm ./opt/Avaya/oneXportal/backup/openfire/bin/nohup.out
rm: remove regular empty file `./opt/Avaya/oneXportal/backup/openfire/bin/nohup.out'? y

reboot the UC module. (just type in “reboot” as the root user)

The command “df –h” will show you how much drive space is free, down to 44 percent now.

[root@uc-module /]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2 22G 9.0G 12G 44% /
tmpfs 1007M 0 1007M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 512M 33M 454M 7% /boot

That's amazing if that's also exactly what you were going to post :)

Two copy paste cowboys :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You need to be in as root on the UC module, putty in – get to admin menu and then “root” command. Can you explain how to accomplish this statement. Thanks copy and paste.

Use Putty to SSH to the IP address of your UC Mod. Login as 'Administrator', default password is 'Administrator'. Once logged in type 'admi'n, default password is 'Administrator'. Then type 'root', default password is 'Administrator'(are you seeing a pattern here?). You will now be logged in as root.

Just downloaded Putty on a flash drive will load it on site Monday and follow your posts. Wish me luck, as I'm not that proficient at what your instructing me to do. Are there any precautions I should consider before I venture into this lynix world?

The linux command line is not as scary as you may think althogh smokinjoe & co are correct to warn you to be carfull with the RM command.

specify filenames expplicity & avoid wild cards, tab completion is your friend here (type part of the file name & press tab & the system should complete the rest for you as far as it can go. press a2nd time & it will list all matching files as an aid to completion, sounds complicated but is is simply magic onece you get into the habit)

whatever you do DONT type rm -Rf . (if you do you will need to perform a full reinstall)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I got to the command line [root@uc-module~]#.If I type cd/it says -bash: cd/:no such file or directory. Not having any luck

You are missing a space between cd and /. Should be cd / instead if cd/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back