Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO VLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
Can the IPO 9.0.4 set the VLAN for the phones. I have an ERS3548T-POE switch set up with the run ipoffice command which sets the phone to VLAN 42 for voice. The IPO is handing out DHCP but the phone wait for DHCP because they are on the default of VLAN 44, if I hard code the phone to VLAN 42 they get DHCP. I see no way to get the VLAN ID set in the DHCP of the IPO is there a way to do this with either the IPO or the ERS? The customer has a separate LAN for data so it does not have a DHCP server on the phone side, totally separate switches and LANs. I don't know the ERS switches so that is why I went with the run ipoffice program, it was for QOS.
Mike

you can change the VLANs by using the run ip office verbose command - so change the vlan numbering and enter gateways ect.

Have you got the IP Office in the correct port ? and configured on the correct ip address ?

voiceondata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back