Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullDog54

Vendor
Aug 21, 2012
US
Greetings all!
I am needing to up grade 5-6 IP Offices to release 11.
Most are running 9.0
I have one that is running 8.1
Can I go directly to REL 11 without any step upgrades in between?
thanks

Docs say you can go from 9.0 to 11 but, have not very good luck in trying without step upgrades.
Also there is ADI to PLDS licensing to consider as well.
Read the Doc's

Depends on the chassis and verion of 8.1
See the official note below:

! WARNING: Installing PCS14 and earlier control units

PCS 14 or lower units must first install Release 8.1(65) (or higher 8.1) or any Release 9.0 and then upgrade to Release 9.1. Care should be taken to ensure that no calls are made before the upgrade to Release 9.1, otherwise the system will require an 9.1 upgrade license despite being "new". The PCS of the control unit is printed on the label on the back of the control unit.

Going from R9 to R11 is no problem as far as I know.

Hello!
I have an IP500 (v1) running release 6.0 (18)
I have some SIP trunk, AV IP endpoints and a preferred edition (including contactstore) license (without essential).

I would like to move the customer onto release 11 and be able to run the media manager application instead of the contactstore because the issue has mainly become the compatibility of the browser and the support is EOL.

I was thinking to upgrade the chassis to IP500v2 first, get an SD card with essential edition onto it and then license swap the feature key licenses to the SD Card licenses.
Following that run the upgrade "license migration tool" from manager and get a quote for the 2nd step upgrade.
I understand that my journey is going to incur 2-step 2-upgrade payments....but does anyone know of a more practical solution?

8.1 needs to atleast make it up to a certain bootloader, from what I understand. However, 9.0 to 11 is no issue, i've done a bunch.

(\__/) ||
(•Y•). ||
/ < )<||

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back