Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Upgrade from R7 to R9

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlstiles

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2012
CA
Hi,
I have a customer with an IP500v2 system with more than 32 extensions and they want to upgrade to the R9 software. Do I need to sell them the upgrade to R8 and the upgrade to R9 or just a single upgrade license to R9?

Thanks,
Ricky

Single upgrade licence, but the R9 licence is more than twice the price of the 8.1 licence and not many features people really use :)

Indeed, tt may be more cost efficient to get a new control unit and new (R9) SD-Card, and sending a copy of the config. to the new unit.

Dan

What's that? Your paging doesn't work?! Just get yourself a good bullhorn..problem solved!

Hi,
Do you know if the R7 to R9 upgrade process will actually give me my Virtual Essential Edition license or is it going to totally screw me up? Has anybody tried this before?

Ricky

It should give you the Virtual LIC, I have had it happen though where it did not. In any event if you ever need to replace the control unit you will need to purchase the essential lic.

NTS Direct

You only need the R9 license, make sure You get the large license.
You should upgrade to R8 first, then R9
If You upgrade to an early version of R8, and make a call you will get the virtual essential license.
However, if You control unit fails, You will end up having to buy an essential edition license anyway.
I suggest buying the essential license, one less headache to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back