Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Upgrade Application Server 11 to 12 Hyper-V

phoneDTC

Vendor
Apr 30, 2014
US
Hi all- Looking for some advice for the best way to upgrade IPO 500 from 11 to 12. The current Application server is a Linux based virtual machine. The customer would like to install to Hyper-V platform.
I have gone back an forth with Avaya but I am still a unclear. I was thinking i could install existing version and back up on test server, upgrade to latest 11.0, upgrade that to 11.1, then to 12. With the migrated 12 database, restore to a new instance of 12 on Hyper-V platform. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Solution
Yes, R11 backup will restore on R12 just fine. I do run into credential issues with vmpro after the restore sometimes. Just set the same credentials on the new server as the old. After the deployment, I recommend disabling “referred authentication” prior to restoring. Sometimes you’ll need to delete the user.dat file, restart services to login to vmpro with default creds. Good luck!
I would deploy R12 on Hyper-V and simply restore from a VMPro backup. I've been in the middle of these migrations lately with many of my customers moving away from VMware due to the cost increases. Many of them are on R11, so rather than performing two upgrades, the move to Hyper-V has been simple.

Can I use the 11 back up and restore to 12? Avaya did not seem to be confident that this could be done. They recommended that I step up the data base.

I will go with Jonjr88
Note that the old Ver 11 is installed on CentOS that is no longer supported, from Ver 12 Avaya started to use Rocky Linux another opensource linux

Yes, R11 backup will restore on R12 just fine. I do run into credential issues with vmpro after the restore sometimes. Just set the same credentials on the new server as the old. After the deployment, I recommend disabling “referred authentication” prior to restoring. Sometimes you’ll need to delete the user.dat file, restart services to login to vmpro with default creds. Good luck!

Solution
Thanks Jonjr88 - You help is greatly appreciated!

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back