Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Trunk to FreePBX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

assist24

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2006
GB
Hi,

I've had a trunk set up between IPO and FreePBX for a little while but it's stopped working properly. I think it may be due to a recent update to the FreePBX.

It was working fine for inbound and outbound calls, but now I'm unable to call from IPO to FreePBX. When I've looked at the config on FreePBX it now seems to be complaining about the User Context on the SIP Trunk Incoming tab.

On the Outgoing tab, the trunk name matches the IPO SIP username, the rest of the settings are as follows;
username=IPO500SIP
type=peer
sendrpid=yes
secret=xxxxxxxxxx
qualify=yes
insecure=very
host=dynamic
disallow=all
context=from-trunk-sip
canreinvite=no
allow=alaw&ulaw

On the incoming tab, the user context was previously set to 'from-trunk'.

It's now complaining that the user context must be unique. There are 4 trunk groups set up to various systems and all had the user context set to 'from-trunk' and as I mentioned, was all working. I tried changing the other trunk user context names temporarily but although this trunk remained set at 'from-trunk', incoming calls still dont work.

It will not let me set the value to be the same as the trunk name (IPO username).

What I did find is that once the trunk is back in service after dis/re-enabling it, (it will only come into service if the outgoing trunk name matches the IPO username), if I then change the outgoing trunk name to something random and the incoming user context to the IPO username, incoming works. Sadly outbound stops though.

So it seems to want the IPO username in the outgoing trunk name and the incoming user contexxt to allow both incoming and outgoing calls, but wont allow both to be set to the same value at the same time.

Any ideas??

R

Lets look at this logically
Sys was working for some time
Upgrade to FreePBX & system stops working.

It must be the change that caused the problem so it is the FreePBX that needs checking (it is possible that they have made a change to bring their operation into specification & the IP Office is not fully complient but that is unlikely & would be for the FreePBX maintainer prove)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Yeah, I do think the issue is on the FreePBX side. That seems obvious, just wondered if anyone has more specific example info on setting up FreePBX>IPO trunk.

Maybe I didn't really have it right in the first place (even though it worked).

I've only been able to find incomplete examples of the config so to be honest was amazed I got it to work in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back