Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO to IPO stream hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMchick

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2013
US
Hey Team,
Looking right now at a pretty big issue with IPO to IPO... main site NYC ( Sonicwall ) remote site NJ (Cisco ASA). IPSEC tunnel in between. 10am-2pm customer loses functionality to 3 digit dial & all incoming calls are unable to reach the autoattendant ( in NYC ). In order to bring everything back online we need to run a #clear conn ( ipo nyc ) & ( ipo nj ). brings everything back online immediately... software bug perhaps? running 8.1 on IPO.. all recommended on data devices. Anyone ever seen anything like this??

" The best way to predict the future, is to create it " - Peter Drucker

Let me see if I get that right
2 IPO's connected via VPN lose connectivity?
You need to clear the phones to get it back up and running or reboot the IPO?

Solution: fix the network/VPN

Reasoning: There are no bugs that influence the SCN connectivity in such a manor on the IPO R8.1 because we all have hundreds of them out there.

I know that IT guys don't like to hear it but it is 99.95 of the time a pure network issue. Make sure that IT and phone people talk to have the settings correct.
IPO port is 100Meg duplex auto neg. not any other setting in the switch it is connected to as that can cause issues.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back