Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO to Flowroute with Dual WAN Failover Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Elias

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2017
US
Hello,

I have an IPO system for an office with all local phones (no remote users). The IPO is connected to a router with dual WAN failover, which works well.

The problem is that when WAN failover (or failback) happens, the previous WAN IP remains registered with the SIP provider. So, phones ring but no audio is delivered. I can fix this by manually forcing the trunk offline / online.

Is there a better way to do this? Should I simply set the SIP credentials to expire in a short time (like 2 minutes)?

Thanks,

Brian

I haven't but the trunk never goes OOS. It's just that the WAN IP no longer matches the registered WAN IP.

I had the same issue with this a while back and Avaya told me that it cannot be done without an SBC. The SBC registers to the provider and the IPO registers to the SBC. This way the IPO does not control the IP address settings so it will work. The network tab in the IPO on your system is set with the public address of the main route correct?
Mike

The OOS option was checked, but apparently it doesn’t show as OOS or get a server reject when the WAN fails for some reason.

The VoIP provider suggested setting the inbound routes as host-based rather than register based (use main IP as primary and secondary IP as fail-over). I’ll be trying this method over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back