Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO SOE won't register at SIP server

Status
Not open for further replies.

tspronsen

Programmer
Oct 14, 2005
NL
I have a Small Office with a valid SIP license and a SIP account. I can dial-out using SIP without a problem but cannot receive calls. It seems like IPO does not register itself at my SIP provider. I cannot find any attempts of the IPO trying to register in sysmonitor.

My SIP provider does not support STUN. I ran STUN using the default STUN IP adres but it does not seems to make any difference. DNS and IP routing are fine since I can place calls using SIP.

I am using release 4.0.10. 'Registration required' and 'in service' are enabled for the SIP line.

tspronsen,

Is your small office behind a firewall/router or does it have a public IP address and there's nothing between it and your Internet Connection?

The IPO is behind a firewall. Port 5060 is redirected to the IPO.

Sounds like a "SIP Transformation" issue (your firewall).

What make/model firewall?
Is it doing SIP Transformations?

What I have found works best is NOT to have your Firewall do SIP Transformations, let the IPO do it.

Start by making sure your firewall is not doing SIP Transformations. Then create a rule to forward RTP from the WAN to the IP of your IPO (the RTP range is 49152 to 53246).

Then on your IPO, under "System", "Lan1" and "Network Topology", experiment with two options for Nat Type. Try "Blocking Firewall" and/or "Open Internet". One of those should do the trick so long as you manually configure the RTP rule on your firewall and turn off SIP Transformations. Be sure to put in your public IP address in the "public IP address" field.

I am using a Draytek 2900 firewall. As far as I can see it doesn't have any SIP settings. I forwarded the RTP range as you suggested and tried both firewall settings but with no succes.

When I boot the IPO while sysmonitor is running with only the SIP options selected I see nothing happening. Shouldn't I see some lines of the IPO trying to register at my ITSP?

IPO must register to the SIP Provider, after a reboot it can take upto one minute before it tries.
You said you run the STUN option in Manager, did the values change in Manager?
Running the STUN utility can take some time before it show any information. And it should show info on the settings tab.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

When I run STUN options do change. My firewall is detected as "Port restricted Cone NAT", public port as 17558 and my IP is shown in the public IP field. My ITSP does not support STUN so I used the default STUN server to test.

I find it a bit strange I can't find anything in the sysmonitor of the IPO trying to register at my SIP provider. If the registration fails for whatever reason I can start debug why but at this moment it looks like the IPO even isn't trying to register. DNS and IP routing are correct since I can place calls using SIP.

I finally got it working. I enabled "rerun STUN at startup" my IP Office starts registering at my ITSP at startup, so now I can receive calls. My ITSP doens't support STUN so I used the default STUN IP address.

TSPRONSEN:
sysmonitor will not show anything sip related until you go into the filters / trace options /SIP Tab and check off what you want displayed.

I just set mine up also. what provider are you using?? Can you get more than 1 call at a time?

Thanks

ron k.

I too had all kinds of problems with getting the SIP Line to register, until I check the Run STUN on Restart for the Lan network configuration.

It would have been nice if Avaya had put that in the documentation somewhere!

I think in the way Avaya thinks there is a link or reference somewere towards a docment that holds this information.
Really STUNning!

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back