Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Server edition trunk to IPO500V2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

faqeel

Technical User
Mar 15, 2013
AE
I have a IPO Server edition. release 8.1.97
we also have a remote location in remote location having only IPO500V2, its not under Server edition license.

we have created a H.450 trunk from remote location to IPO Server edition.
From IPO Server Edition users are able to make calls to remote unit.
but from remote location if users are trying to call back, it gives extension busy.

any thoughts on what might be the issue?

The issue is that you should put in a server edition license.
You are trying something unsupported and i wonder if you have voice networking licenses on the IP500.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

We do have voice networking license on ip500.

if lets say its not supported, do you see any reason why IPO server edition to ip500 is working fine?

Yes because you need to add the IP500v2 in to the server edition.
It is just not supported the way you do it.
Normally you put in a license on the server edition and then search for the IP500v2 and add it in to the configuration.
You did not do that.

BAZINGA!

The Product Description states that voice networking licenses aren't needed in the Server Edition, its supported by default. So that explains the calls from the Server Edition end working.

Why it doesn't work from the IP500 end is a mystery. Since H.450 is a very close cousin to SCN, I suspect the fact that the call is from an IP Office is being recognised and then rejected as its not a know SE Expansion.

I would try settings the Supplmentary services at both end of the trunk to None or QSIG. Also try using a Line Short code at the SE line end to see if its a routing problem (teh SE only allowing direct extension dialing from recognised SE nodes).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

To be fair, the requirement for a server edition licence for an expansion system is a bit cheeky, it should be a separate licence, it's really quite an expensive licence for what you get :)

WE have multiple sites connected via server edition and all ip500v2 are connected via server edition license only.

all our remote sites had panasonic pbx, so we had option to switch them to new ip500v2 within server edition license and that is done and also working fine.

but the one we used in our office had many licenses. and one of our branch had too many users, so shifted that ip500v2 at that branch and want to connect it without a server edition license via h450 trunk.

if we bring in this branch within server edition license, i think then we need to purchase new endpoint license and all... or it can take existing license present in ip500v2?

To be fair, the requirement for a server edition licence for an expansion system is a bit cheeky, it should be a separate licence, it's really quite an expensive licence for what you get
Andy, that is bullocks because you do not need an essential edition, preferred edition (2 channels) and SCN licenses.
In fact you get 128 SCN channels in that license.
No way you can beat that with normal licenses :)

BAZINGA!

It would come under the SE licensing model so most of its local license would become redundant. See "
So nothing to lose by switching the H323 trunk's Supplementary services to QSIG or None.

Off course we're skipping the extension bys part. What digits are being dialed at the IP500 end and what digits does system monitor or SSA show arriving at the SE end of the trunk?

But what if it's a small satellite site with 7/8 people with local lines on without any need for that....it's expensive, all they would need would be essential and voice networking, that's it, so it's more than twice the cost of that solution :)

@tlpeter, i do know that you have a very vast experience in this field, but has this been tested ? trunk between SE with IP500 using h.450 and not working? if its working one way then it should work the other way as well, i dont see a point in not working...im still trying to troubleshoot out and narrow down the porblems..

we also have a customer who has 2 sites both with server edition on each side, as we cannot make a SCN between 2 SE, so i created a H.450 trunk and it worked perfectly fine.

Giving people something they don't need, want or will ever use to justify a higher price doesn't wash with most people :)

I don't think they made it not work specifically, it will be an overlooked scenario. With your two SEs linked by an H450 trunk, all the systems on both sides have SE licenses and are probably communicating that in some way. As I said, SCN is a custom variant of H450 so there is probably some crosstalk.

I've done this successfully a few times in production, and it has its merits, and is extremely straightforward. Last I did it was to add 3 systems to a R8.1 (73) SE before we absorbed those sites as fully integrated nodes. It does require a voice networking license on the far side, but just create a H323/H450 on each system pointing to each other, and add short codes to each system for the extension range on the opposing system. VM still functions independently, and you can't get BLF, but inter-site dialing and grabbing dial tone from the opposing system work without a problem.

this sounds like something that is happening to one of my site, we have 2 servers(1 is backup) with 2 ip 500v2's. I have an h.323 (H450) trunk built for the 2 ip 500's to talk( all the other trunks show up as SCN). each day I get an alarm says there are no channels available on the trunk between the 2 ip 500's. all the phones are reg'd to the server. we just use the 500's to hold 3 polycoms and 4 pri( 2 on each)

"No free channels were available. Outgoing group ID: 99905,ipoServiceNoFreeChannelsAvail,n,MAJ"
ipoServiceNoFreeChannelsAvail

could this be because we need networking licenses on the 2 500's to talk?? I do have 4 server editions licenses already to cover the 4 boxes loaded into the primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back