Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Server Edition Select R11.1 survivability 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telfire

Vendor
Dec 18, 2008
US
Have 5 locations total with a Primary and gtwy and loc#1, Secondary and gtwy at loc#2, and then just IP500v2 gtwys at locs#3, 4 and 5.
Looking to survive a WAN failure. Trying to get clarity on where I should be programming the users and extensions...
I was hoping to program half the users on the Primary and half on the Secondary for load balancing, then survive the specific extensions to their local respective IP500v2 gtwy... but i dont see how to accomplish that with resiliency settings. Or should I be programming all the users/exts on the individual IP500v2 gtwys with failover to the Primary?

APSS-Midmarket
ACIS-Midmarket
ACSS-Midmarket
ACDS-Midmarket

I've done it with the user programmed mostly on the primary and users on the local IP500v2 where it made sense, then I have everything failover to the secondary which was just a glorified standby by server. You have to decide what makes sense with your design, the network, the trunking. In my case the secondary server was in a DR bunker with it's own SBC with live SIP trunks.

You can have your primary users fail over to the secondary, the secondary users fail over to the primary, and the IP500v2 users failover to the primary or secondary. Do you have select version?

Yes, it is Select!
I would like to have half on the Primary and half on the Secondary, and then failover to their respective IP500v2's at the locals sites and use those local POTS lines.

APSS-Midmarket
ACIS-Midmarket
ACSS-Midmarket
ACDS-Midmarket

If you are select you can choose where they will fail over in the location tab under fallback system. You just have to check support resiliency on the ipoffice line you need.

Jo the quebec tech
AIPS,ACSS,APSS

That was the part I was missing - checking just the Resiliency supported box for each line that extensions could failover to - thanks!

APSS-Midmarket
ACIS-Midmarket
ACSS-Midmarket
ACDS-Midmarket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back