Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Server Edition H.323 Trunking to another IPO 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletomi

Vendor
Aug 31, 2013
PH
Hi all, I read on the deployment guide of IPO SE that it is impossible to create an SCN between IPO SE and a seperate IPO. But how about via h.323 trunking not IP Office line? Would this possible? The set up would be like this:

(SE+expansion --- H.323 Trunk --- another IPO V2).

As long it's a plain H.323 trunk and not SCN it shouldn't be a problem, I have only used SIP trunks to tie to other systems from SE though.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hi janni78. Thanks for the comment. I hope it will do because SIP trunk licenses are more expensive than VNC licenses. [shadeshappy]. But on IPO SE perspective, it doesn't need any license to interconnect on a separate IPO V2 since it has built in VNC licenses right?

Four channels of Voice Networking are much more expensive than four SIP trunk channels if I am right. But you are right that with ServerEdition you have (almost) as much voice networking channels you want and only need to purchase the license for the standalone V2. Connecting them with H323 is pretty easy.

Hi Derfloh. Thanks for the comment. Yes, it's easy. I already configured one on Avaya CM. Have you tried IPO SE h323 trunking with another IPO V2? Did it work well?

I did and it is working well. Routing is done by short codes. Other than in SCN/SE where all nodes know a route to the target users/groups.

Thanks derfloh. Now I'm confident with this one. Also thanks to janni78. [spin2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back