Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Server Edition and Cable Interactivity 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbyStar

Technical User
Aug 31, 2014
JO
Hello ...

I am new in Install Server Edition, and need an infornmation about cable connection because I search many on google and dont found any thing about this.
I have the following Avaya IPO Server Edition Solution Components:

302788 - R210 II XL SRVR IPO SE EXP (2)
700476005 - IP OFFICE 500 VERSION 2 CONTROL UNIT (1)

Server Edition Primary Server
Server Edition Secondary Server
Server Edition Expansion System

each Dell Server have 2 GB ethernet ports (marked 1 and 2)

which ports use to connect each server to each other ?
which ports use to connect both server to switch ?
Is this right, each server and IPO 500V2 communicates via ethernet switch, so I need 3 IP for this ?

Thanks

hahaha, you make my day, can't stop laughing, please help me...

Hi ...

Whats ??? I dont Understand
Sorry for dummy qusestions, but because this is a new one I need to insure that all is rights ??

Thanks

It's all in the manual.

get yourself a course and acces to the Avaya website before starting with something like this.

Sorry man, no offences.
It is all linked via ethernet so you need gagabit switches, use the primary ( Eth0 ) lan ports.
Read the installation docs and follow it by the letter.

Hi Dear intrigrant ...

Thanks very much.
But I search many but I dont find Installation manual, can you type the link of it for me.

Many Thanks ...

It's on the Avaya partnerwebsite

But you need a login for that

You don't find any information because its entirely up to you and the IT manager. Each port you use will have its own IP address so you potentially need 6 IP addresses.

Having the two questions about which ports to connect the servers to each other and which to connect to the data switch is slightly confusing. Whilst you could do that, it would be normal for all server connections including inter-server to be via the switch.

Most people traditionally use the LAN1 and LAN2 on each server to separate VoIP traffic and non-VoIP, for example using LAN2 addresses for IP telephones and trunks and LAN1 for anything else.

Alternatively, you can use LAN1 addresses for internal connections (phones, apps) and LAN2 addresses for external connections (trunks) (you still need a proper firewall/SBC between the real external and LAN2 (which you are using as a kind of DMZ). The IP Office systems can do some firewall/NAT'ing between LAN1 and LAN2 but its not really that sophisticated at it, best done by more serious data devices whilst the IP Office's do telephone stuff).

In all the above I'm assuming that all the LAN1s devices are using addresses on one subnet and all the LAN2 ports/devices are using addresses on a different subnet. Do not, for the love of your own sanity, put the LAN1 and LAN2 addresses of any of the IP Offices on the same subnet.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi ...

another question, on Avaya delevery items there is:
IP OFFICE/B5800 ISDN CABLE RJ45/RJ45 3M RED (9)
why 9 ? as you describe above all I need six ?
on each server (2+2 = 4)
on IPOV2 (LAN + WAN = 2)

So 4+2= 6
Why 9 ??

Thanks

Hi ...

I search on the Avaya website, chat with Agent,
nothing about IPO SE hardware physically cabling.

Thanks

How are your phone lines connected. You will need a rj45 for the Pri.
Or more if it's ISDN

But why worry about The quantity off cables just use what you need.

Hello ...

Thanks all for support.
I have another question.
Avaya Supplied me with 3 IPO R9 SE License, why 3 license for SE ?
Sorry again if this is dummy question, but the document about this is not enough.

Thanks

Sir, you are in need of a qualified business partner ASAP. How did you even get this system?

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Hi sizbut ...

Its Enough to configure just 3 IP Address.
1 from the primary
1 from the Secondary
1 from the Expansion IPO 500V2

Thanks

Great!

Now with that sorted out, the rest should be a walk in the park.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I just got done cutting over a system using almost your same layout to a T. Everything you need to know can be found if you are a business partner. Also being certified would give you the answers. ACIS and ACSS certs exist for this reason, to provide the training and knowledge you seek. Feel free to reach out to myself or one of the other BPs in this forum. I would be available to be contracted out to complete your install just like a lot of others.

Rich

Rquin said:
I would be available to be contracted out to complete your install
Good luck with that...This system is in the Middle East.
I suppose that alone puts you a tad outside your comfort zone? [smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back