Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Server Edition 9.0 .7 Remote Hot Desking Authentication Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSTECH

Vendor
May 9, 2008
US
9611g phones
Customer have SCN and is having an issue Hot Desking between sites. They get "authentication error". Wired problem is that once in awhile they can actually login at remote site.

Customer will log out of a phone at one site go to another and try to login. Has anyone seen this ? Any help is appreciated.

I have. Mine was a user right issue. Make sure that there is no user right assigned to the phones in each location or make sure that the user rights at each site are the same. I mean IDENTICAL.

Thanks for response.
Yes I am using User rights but am using the same user rights for both sites.. I will try to take a user from both sites out of the user rights.
The other strange thing is. If I take a 9611 out of the box and power it up at a site Does not matter which site. A user from another site can not hot desk into phone until a local user from that site logs into phone and then logs out.

So what I am being told by Avaya is this.

A phone must have a base extension associated with it at the local site before another user from remote site can log into that phone.
Which I guess I understand but, issue with that is I have a lot of unused spare desks with phones not assigned to anyone at a lot of these sites. So if I understand this I have to assign these phone an extension anyways.

The phone always needs an extension to register with IPO. It doesn't need an assigned user if it is a hot desk phone.

You can register the phones with extensions 999001 up to 999100 or something else if you want. As long as there is no user configured with the same extension the phone will register with that base extension but no user will be active.

Once phone is registered though does it not use up an Ip endpoint license. Or it is only when a user is logged in?

It will consume a license as soon as the extension is registered regardless if a user is logged in or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back