Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO SE vs Select

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonecable5

Vendor
Jul 30, 2015
MX
Hi. this is a example as i understand it, but i'm in doubt

example_1_fv5wk9.jpg

On the example image, what is the best option? (cost, deploy times)

Example 1: IPO with secondary server, outgoing trunks are located on the IP 500, if the Primary server falls, the phones are registered on the secondary server and calls get trough the IP 500 e1 trunk

Example 2: IPO Server Select with App server, outgoing trunks are located on the ip 500, if the Primary Server falls, the phones are registered on the IPO 500 and the call going out through the e1 trunk.

Does anyone know the times of availability of the failover system if the primary system fails?

Why would you choose between 2 Server Editions and a single Select, doesn't make sense.

It all depends on the amount of users and which requirements the customer have.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I agree with janni. For about 200 users I don't see the need for server edition. Would be easier to have ip500v2 for endpoints and trunk and if needed some spare hardware in case of a failure.

Indeed, Server Edition while giving some capacity improvements, is a very fragmented solution and not required in most cases for anything below 200 users. It just adds cost, complexity and failure points :)

Thanks to all who have commented
The detail is that the sales guy, commented to the customer about resilience on the IPO and if I remember correctly, there is NO resilience or "active / active" in IPO solution.

those are customer's requirements, if up to me, would not offer that option, but we could offer only Select the option to specify a ipo system 500 as "secondary" if the primary system dies, right?

You will have exactly the same resiliency that you have with a single IP500 if you need the box for the outside line. So if it dies you will be offline. Independent from the other nodes.

You should at least have two IP500s with one E1 each or go with SIP and drop the IP500. Then you can go with server edition (not select) with just primary and secondary.

If the customer requires active / active then it's not the system for them.

But usually many say they want full redundancy but are not willing to pay for it when you start considering pbx, trunk, switches, phones etc.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back