Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO SCN on different subnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyberius_imported

Technical User
Aug 23, 2010
US

I'm trying to get SCN configured between two systems that are on different subnets. I have a VPN tunnel setup between two Sonicwall devices. I have the Voice Networking licenses needed VCM cards in both units and I know I have the IP routes and lines configured correct. I can ping to the IPO's in both directions.
I have read that the host system must have the Professional and the voice networking channels. Which one of the systems does. the other is on Essential with voice networking channels. Just not sure how to specify which one is to be the host.
On the host side in SSA the IP trunk show a status of Disabled-Unlicensed. On the remote side in SSA it shows a status of "Not enabled".
I will admit the systems are not on the same version one is 8.1 and the other is 4.2. But I have it from a good source that it is possible for this to work. Just not supported.

This won't work at all.
Get supported an upgrade the other site to 8.1 too.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back