Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Rebooting <ISI Excep> Abnormal termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1strals

Technical User
May 2, 2014
GB
Hi we have an IPO Office (IPO500 v2.0)that periodically reboots. We have three IPO's and only the one seems to reboot.

They are all running Rel 8.1(67)below is the error message we get, and its always the same code.

I have attached error message, really need to get this sorted as its our Achilles heel!!!

Appreciated,

Scott.

Seen this a few times. Hardware swap sometimes resolves. Other times it's simply related to power in that area so change power source if possible

Hi,thanks for that, we have actually already swapped out hardware. I have read a few posts that say it could possibly be related to a dodgy SD card???

Cheers,

Scott.

I've only seen issues with the SD cards when the units are wall mounted. Changing the angle so that the SD card doesn't move usually resolves that.

We do have a site where despite hardware swap and change of power circuit the abnormal terminations still happen so be interested to hear resolution too.

Mistral, too little information, impossible to tell.

You need to run Monitor and capture the moment right before it goes down.
Log to file would be a good idea, so you don't have to sit there all day waiting for it.

(I don't think wall mount angle has any impact on the SD card, a spring loaded locker keeps it in place.
But it would inhibit air circulation and over heating could cause abnormal shut downs.)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Hi Gunnar,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, we had performance degradation issues when we run monitor. We too are unable to perform changes during that day, that require a merge as it impacts voice quality momentarily. Is there not enough information in the error message to pinpoint possible causes???

Cheers,

<ISI Excep> Abnormal termination....tells only that sh*t happened, but not much more.
There are codes that follows the ISI, but usually those can only be interpreted by Avaya.

It can be many things, like a bad programing, special characters in names, bad cards, lines, phones, hackers attack, etc, etc.

By capturing the moment in Monitor, you see what was going on right before it shut down.

If your system can't take a monitor connection, there is something seriously wrong.
I'd start with recreating the SD, upgrading to R8.1.85. Default the IPO and send a fresh copy of the config back.

From there on, you need monitor trace.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Hi Gunnar,

Looks like we do have issues then as we cannot make changes in the day that require a merge, as it does drop calls for the period of the merge. Monitor brings the system to its knees :-( Also, what is the recommended number of phones/extension on the systems we are running.???

Cheers,

Scott.

I have absolutely no idea what the recommended amount of phones would be in your system.
But I hardly think you maxed out an IPO 500v2 [smile]

I see you had issues with your system before, maybe it's time to bring in a fresh pair of eyes on this?
You're in England? Plenty of British techs on the forum...

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

How many users, phones and groups do you have?
Monitor should never bring down an IPO.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Exactly my point, if IPO's misbehave when Monitor is launched, there is something fundamentally wrong.

- Could be the system/network running at 99.99% of it's capacity, that little extra load brings it down
- IPO gone bad
- Hackers tapping into it?
- etc, etc...

In other words, call in the pro's [smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Hi, thanks, I'll get all the details and report back.

Should doing a merge, say after a name change, new extension creation, etc, ie whilst the merge is taking place voice is dropped, cause a blip on the voice quality, as we now have to make changes outside of normal business hours which seems silly???

Cheers,

Scott.

Silly? It sounds ridiculous! [smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Hi, seriously should a merge have any impact/affect on voice calls??? Its only the one IPO that does it, we have two others which are fine.

Cheers,

Scott.

No, it should not.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Thanks Gunnar, appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott.

Erase system completely and rebuild. Configuration is corrupt. Seen this few times in the past couple of years.

Diz

Avaya – ACIS
Extreme Networks -(ENA)(ENS)

Hi guys

So do you think a rebuild will cure both reboots and the inability to perform routing tasks within normal hours ? :)

Cheers,

Scott.

It's impossible to say without seeing the full picture.
Maybe, maybe not. It can't hurt trying, as long as you know what you're doing.

You have 3 IPO's, are they in SCN? Makes it even more complex.

A rebuild will take down the system when defaulting/reloading of config.

You could put up the config's here, just remove any sensitive data first...

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back