Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO R9 - System does not release line after call terminates - Comcast analog line

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvision

Vendor
Dec 11, 2002
US
We just set up IPO 500 V2 R9.05 with 2 Combo cards, and 6 Comcast analog lines. When I make an outside call, it picks up line 1 and connects the call. When I hang up, I see the Comcast line disconnect, but IPO does not release the line, so line 1 is now unavailable for anyone else to use. The next outside call picks up line 2, and then line 2 is offline. After a call has been made on all lines, I get a message "Waiting for Line" when I try to make an outside call.

Disconnect Clear is enabled, and set for 500ms. I am not sure what to do to resolve this issue.

Any ideas?

Did you try and reboot?
disconnect clear is only for incoming calls hanging up. Outgoing calls should definitely disconnect. Use a butt set and go into it parallel to hear what is happening and if the IPO is really not hanging up, if so you might want to downgrade to 9.0.4 in case it is a bug in this on the other side so great release (not)
Avaya's testing is left to be desired again R4.0 all over

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Try to enable busy tone detection with option system frequency
from system-telephony-tones and music

Should all not make any difference on outgoing calls.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Shouldn't even make a difference on incoming calls that are answered LIVE, instead of by a mailbox or AA. When you put the handset back in the cradle, the line is dropped by the IPO, loop current stops flowing, and the telephone company is supposed to go back to idle. It's only calls that are stuck inside of the VM/AA that can't detect that the other party has hung up and won't hang disconnect on the IPO that the tone detection/open loop detection come into play.

Thank you all. I will try your suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back