Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO R11 How to configure Remote worker 96X1 H.323 phones through a Avaya SBCE Step By Step Guide ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hearthrobes

Technical User
Jun 17, 2012
SA
Dear Avaya Warriors,

[highlight #FCE94F]Scenario [/highlight]: Main Branch have one IPO 500V2 and in remote location we have remote user those are connected through 4G modem through VPN client and they have 96X1 H323 phones. Now they want to work as Remote user by using there phones.

[highlight #FCE94F]Question[/highlight] :[highlight #FCE94F][/highlight]

1- Any Step By Step Guide to configure SBCE and IPOffice R11 for Remote worker ?
2- Do SBCE required any public IP also ?
3- What is concept for SBCE for Remote users ?
4- will Remote user can use H323 mode instead of SIP ?

Thanks In Advance

Avaya has an integration guide for this:

You will need a static IP either to assign directly to the SBC or to forward ports from the firewall. Watch out for SIP helpers if using a firewall. You will need to disable them completely or you will have issues.

I've not tried with H323 phones and the install guide is specific to only SIP devices. There is a section in there about some No User source numbers you need to add. Will not work with out them.

jhall123,[highlight #FCE94F][/highlight]

Thanks for solution. Few quarries..

in the guide only Supported remote SIP desk phones are:
. 1120, 1140, 1220, 1230
· E129
· H175
· J139, J169, J179
· K155, K165, K175

1- but i have 96X1 model H323 phones. if i convert phones firmware from h323 to SIP then will it work ?
2- let say if we done have perimeter firewall then in the case do SBCE required public IP ? because if we give static IP then how Remote worker will
communicate through 4G modem's internet ?
3- For remote workers Avaya phone, what will be IP method ? DHCP or Static ? if dynamic, from where phones will take IP.

If you reply soon my work will be easier.

thanks again.

You're in over your head, you should know the answers to your own questions.
You don't buy a car then ask some strangers how to drive...

P.s This is a terrible setup/proposal :)

[highlight #FCE94F]amriddle01[/highlight]

If you can help then its ok.. if can't Also ok...
By reading your comment i think for me you are stranger but not other...

Chill...

1: No idea if the 9600 SIP will work. Try it and see! Avaya only supports the ones in the document.

2: You will need to have a static public IP. This will never work for you if you do not.

3: They will get DHCP from what ever network the phone is plugged into. If no DHCP server you will need to statically assign HTTP and Call server addresses into the phone.

If you really need to use the 9600 phones you're going to be better off using them as VPN phones to a supported firewall. We've had good luck with Sonicwall and Adtran's.

As AMriddle said.
NO, 96xx sets dont work on IPO as SIP endpoints. So an SBC is useless for the action you are requesting.

[highlight #FCE94F]jhall123[/highlight]

Thanks Brother for your answer

I will try as you said and let you know.

[dazed]

[highlight #FCE94F]telecomtekperson[/highlight]

Thanks For confirming... i will try to purchase said phone...

Thanks

Considering your first post it seems you don't know what an SBC does or what it's used for, also you should know there is a built in remote extension feature in IP Office for H.323 phones so amriddle01's answer is expected.
Anything related to connecting devices from public internet into the system comes with a security risk, and if not installed properly people will try to exploit it as soon as the interface is publicly available.

Converting the 96xx to SIP will allow it to work through a SBC, but you will basically get the features of an analog phone.
You best options are using the Remote Extension feature or built-in VPN in the phone. Or why not softphone since their computer is already connected?
Although considering that the end-user is connected through a 4G modem it's questionable if you'll ever get any good sound quality through that connection.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

[highlight #FCE94F]Hello janni78[tt][tt][/tt][/tt][/highlight]

Thanks ! ofcourse I know what SBC is and what it's used for but never configured thats why i asked question like that. Its act as firewall for VoIP. its also known in IPO has capability to have configure builtin remote extension.
As i configured so many firewalls so this term also understood any traffic comes from Public Internet must filter. here questins only about how to configure ?

Thanks for your other suggestion but this is requirement from company so i will suggest the same sure and revert back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back