Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO R11 Ground Start Trunk Issue 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeLB

Programmer
Jan 21, 2011
US
I just installed an R11 IPO with an ATM16 expansion module to support the ground start trunks. Inbound is no issue but the system is very picky as to which lines can be used for outbound, and overnight seems to somehow now have less lines that can be used for outbound calls.

Both units are grounded and all trunks are set to ground start, but only 4 out of 16 trunks seem to provide dial tone where as the others give a waiting for line error.

I'm pushing the customer to get away from the ground start trunks ASAP but wondering if there is anything else I may be unaware of.

I dont see many ground start anymore but you can try flipping the polarity on them. see if it helps.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Put your test butt on the lines and check the polarity is the same fir all lines.

Then keep the polarity the way right up to your last termination point .

I had this problem in the past. Its the polarity. They are not always the same. Do test as snowman says.
Swap polarity on the non-working lines.

If vegetarians love animals so much, why are they eating all of their food?

Seems 3 people think it is polarity

ditto which makes it 4 :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Thank you so much! Once the crosses were reversed the lines picked up as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back