Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO R11.0.4.3 upgrade to R11.1 - worth it? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac84

Programmer
Mar 15, 2019
AU
Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!

I've managed to get hold of the Administration software for R11.1 and wanted to see if it was worth upgrading from 11.0.4.3 to 11.1 (build 237)

My PLDS access does not allow me to download the 11.1 SP1 which I'm sure irons out major bugs, but thought I would see if anyone was aware of any major bugs with the first release of 11.1? I'm only running Essential Edition so no Voicemail Pro.

My understanding is that my licence will allow an upgrade from 11.0 to 11.1 - correct me if I'm wrong..

Thanks everyone.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

I don't know if any new features for IP500v2 that would make me want to upgrade.

Look into the GA release tech bulletin and see if you can find anything that looks good to you.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Thanks @westi will do.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

One difference is the addition of support for Kari's law requirements. But that is just a US thing. We are just starting to use it for installs.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks @budbyrd

I’m actually surprised we don’t have a similar law to Kari’s law here in Australia given most PABX systems require us to dial 0 for an outside line and our 911 emergency services number is 000. I always make sure I have shortcodes to cover it.

My current licence will cover me for upgrading from 11.0 to 11.1 wouldn’t it?

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

This is a bit foggy to me but I seem to recall that if you have vmpro, on 11.1, it wont run on a windows server, only an avaya application server or a UC mod. If you have VM Pro, that might be work looking into.

@J.flanagan - That's correct re vmpro - no longer supported on Windows Server. I don't use VM Pro.
The only matter I need to confirm is that I don't require an upgrade license to go from 11.0.X to 11.1.X

Cheers,

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

You do not need a license to upgrade from 11.0 to 11.1 just done one, and if you look in the license xml it only says version 11

e.g.

<DisplayName>IP Office</DisplayName>
<Version>11</Version>

Thanks @Bignose21

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

If you have an 11.0 on a hyper-v, keep waiting as its 11.1 not yet supported (which wont apply to tac).
I guess the advantage to upgrading to 11.1 is that you will be able to keep systems up to date. At some point 11.0 will become EOL so you may as well get it done on the customers that want the GSS

I just did a hyper-v install of the app server. It seems to be working so far. It is a windows server 2019.
On a side note. The Kari's law is a button. Emulation\911 not whatever is in the docs. Took me a while to find it. Not sure I like the way it works and isn't supported on all set types, but the no go's were mainly unsupported phones.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Where in the release notes does it say VMpro doesn't work on Windows Server? Page 20 of the GA release notes says preferred edition (VMPro) works on Windows 8.1, 10, and server 2012, R2, and 2016.

Yeah I am sure it works, I meant 'supported'
steve - Page 88 of Avaya IP Office™ Platform Feature Description

On page 14 in the GA release notes it says that it's not supported, there is no 11.1 version of VM Pro for Windows.
It's also been updated in the 11.1 SP1 release notes but they could make it more clear.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

The client is supported the actual app is not supported on a Windows environment for R11.1.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back