Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO One-x communicator for Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepp77

Vendor
Oct 30, 2008
GB
Sales have sold a 9.1.8 IPO system to a company that use Macs and have sold One-x communicator. I have all the windows versions I can possibly need but cannot for the life of me find the Mac version.

Anyone able to help?

Cheers

| ACSS SME |

Avaya One-X Communicator is for Aura.

Avaya Communicator is used for IP Office.
Confusing, yes, maybe that's why the Communicator 3.0 is renamed to Equinox which has a MacOS version, guessing it will come down to IPO eventually.

For Mac you have the old Avaya Video Softphone which is on the Admin CD under the Softphone directory.
This requires the following licenses

License Requirements
Use of IP Office Video Softphone requires the following IP Office system licenses:

• System Licenses
Non-IP Office Server Edition systems must have Essential Edition and Preferred Edition licenses.
• User Licenses
Users can only be enabled for softphone usage by first setting their profile to Power User or Teleworker. These are user modes licensed by the following licenses:
• Power User license.
• Teleworker license.
• Application License
Version 4.0 softphone requires an Avaya Mac Softphone license.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Although you might be able to use the Avaya One-X Communicator for MacOS in SIP mode and get basic phone features.
I've used the Windows version on IP Office and it only uses Avaya Endpoint licenses.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Right found the softphone installation (why do Avaya have to mix and match where they put software, some is in user, some is its own download and some is in the admin download!)

This looks to be the correct licence

339093 IPO R9.1 VIDEOSFTPHN MAC ADI LIC R9+ IP OFFICE R9.1 VIDEO SOFTPHONE FOR MAC ADI LIC:CU

Looks like I will get one ordered then (stupid sales people commission going down slightly).

| ACSS SME |

Hi,

If the MAC softphone version is "Softphone_Mac_4.1.1.2_CE4112c_74851" (as found in Admin 9_1_9) then this has been around since at least 2014. Unfortunately this is really clunky software - we have one site with Communicator for the Windows users and this Mac softphone for the MAC users and the MAC users hate it .... I heard Avaya are not developing it any further.

The same site is now looking at upgrading to R10 - I have my doubts if the MAC softphones will work at all...

God this is turning into a bloody nightmare!

It turns out we appear to have sold them the WebRTC option and someone in my company has told the sales person (which annoyingly in this instance appears to have been the CEO/Owner) that no extra licences over power user are required. Then it turns out all the documents for it appear to be written with Server Edition in mind and we have a 500v2 with a Linux app server.

So I think I now need to get a Certificate for the IPO (there is already one for the one-x server) and further firewall work done to open up the extra ports (not sure whether they need forwarding to the IPO or One-x server though as the document doesnt stipulate as it was written for the server edition :))

Good job I dont have any other work to do isnt it, oh wait no I do as I also have to get one-x mobile working through a Sonus SBC for a different customer who are due to go live in a week.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back